Friday 24 February 2012

Totoro, Totoro...

If you've read my 2011 post Totoro & Pullips you'll know I'm a big Studio Ghibli fan... 

At the end of last year someone posted some hats for sale via Pullip Fiction and I could not resist one of the hats she had for sale... I'm not going to go into details but there was a mix up with my order... Anyhow, the lady was really nice and sent me the original hat and also an additional hat as an apology! Even through the mix up, the hats I recieved are PERFECT and I could not recommend her more...


Among other things Desiree G. makes lovely character hats, her Etsy shop is called Aint That Cunnin. I would highly recommend ordering from her! :)  The other rather impressive hat I will feature in another blog...

Aaaand... back to Ghibli...


I've been wanting to feature my Catbus (which was a present from Mongoose Holly for my Birthday last year!!!) in a Pullip shoot for ages and I now had the perfect opportunity!!! 

Thank you Holly, I think Catbus is enjoying himself a little too much with the pretty young girl... :S




I have a blog search set up in my google reader to show any posts on Studio Ghibli, and when I knew this hat was coming, I started collecting posts I liked to put in this blog!!!

So...


This is the most beautiful watercolour by an Artist called Akreon. I found this from this blog post on Toys R Evil. Check out more of Akreon's beautiful pictures on his Deviant Art page.


Another post I particularly liked was 
I like Disney films, but I completely agree with what he says...

"The sight of a Jasmine costume marketed to my 5-year-old can cause me to break out in hives"

I would highly recommend reading the whole article... its so true!!!
This poster by Mondo was created for the Studio Ghibli retrospective. Unforunately for me, this is in New York, America... but the poster is awesome!!! I found this on the Affenheim Theater Blog.

Another post I found on this blog (Holly this is for you!) was the very awesome Chewtoro...


Slightly unrelated but its COOOL!!!
This was retweeted by the Affenheim Theater Blog from Fanboy.com & Riptapparel.com

Ok, last but by no means least... a music clip from Chris the Chemist...


Enjoy!!!

One last thing... Its my neice's birthday today, so here's a Happy Birthday from Effery...



Thanks for looking!!

Miss M x

 

2 comments:

  1. I love the catbus in these pictures and that hat is adorable :)It reminds me of my own full size Totoro hat (I got a new one for Christmas)

    I'll show it to you if we get the chance to meet up when we're in Wales next month.

    We both love the Chewtoro! It's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought you'd appreciate Chewtoro!!!!! Glad you enjoyed the post!! :D

    ReplyDelete